Where the allegations are more far reaching and involve negligence resulting in material financial loss then you will need to take legal action to seek redress against the solicitor who has given the negligent advice.
Professional negligence by a solicitor in its most simple terms represents a failure by the solicitor to have done something or not to have done something that reasonably competent solicitors would have done or would have not done. Each case will be determined on its individual merits and we have set out below some examples of solicitors’ negligence:
- The solicitor has failed to bring a claim in time
- The solicitor failed to obtain the correct level of settlement
- The solicitor has caused your claim to be struck out by the court
- The solicitor failed to properly advise you about the terms of an agreement
- The solicitor made errors in drafting the legal documentation
- The solicitor failed to act or serve the correct notices by the legal deadlines
- The solicitor sued the wrong party
- The solicitor failed to draft or have your will executed properly.
Any negligence claim made is subjected to time limits and for this reason it is essential to not delay a claim. In most cases a claim for professional negligence must be made within six years of the date of negligence or suffered loss.
If you have suffered loss as a result of negligent advice call us now on 0333 577 5677 or use the contact form and we will help you in resolving your claim.
For a Free Case Assessment
Whether you or your business is involved in a dispute the first thing you will think about is whether or not your claim or defence has any merit.
What our customers say
I contacted David Mackenzie in connection with an inheritance dispute. He dealt with my claim on a no win no fee basis and from the outset his advice and guidance was excellent. I was kept well informed throughout and he achieved an excellent settlement for me when otherwise I could have ended up with nothing but for his help. It was a difficult case and the outcome could not have been better. I was very pleased with everything and I would highly recommend David and his team to anybody who is involved in a legal dispute.